Parents and Families
I understand the difficulties that parents and families face from getting a SEND diagnosis to finding the right educational provision and securing a place. The prospect of so many professionals involved can be overwhelming so let me assist you to navigate your way forward.
Additionally I know that as one gets older the harder it can become to get a diagnosis so if you have an older family member in need of assistance to get a diagnosis then I can give some advice and support in this area.
Have you ever had difficulties with:-
- Attending a meeting with numerous people/professionals seated around a table and you have no idea who they are and what part they are playing in your child/adult life?
- Understanding the purpose of an Education Health Care Plan and how you can contribute?
- Getting an assessment appointment and understanding the processes
- Understanding the diagnosis and the strategies to support you and the individual?
- Explaining to others that you have a child/family who has been diagnosed with SEND/Autism?
- Receiving a diagnosis and left bewildered, confused, isolated, ashamed, and abandoned?
- Identifying the appropriate educational setting for your child?
- Unable to cope with the individual’s behaviours that challenge which leaves you scared, bruised, and exhausted.
- Understanding your rights
I can help with these plus:-
- Liaise with the professionals and be an Advocate as well as update of guidance
- Understanding of the Education Health Care Plan and the role of the professionals
- Explain and support through the assessment process. Attend medical appointments and advice on funding.
- 1-1 support sessions and access to a network of other families or parents through group sessions. Techniques and strategies to better understanding behaviours that are challenging.
- Training courses to support the communication, social and behavioural needs of the individuals as well as advice, guidance, resources, and strategies to support the diagnosis or condition not yet diagnosed
The list is not exhaustive and bespoke programmes of work are available to meet your needs.